From 2 Timothy 2:20-21, we can gather five observations:
- The vessels are there in order that they may be used.
- The vessels are really needed by the Master.
- The vessels are for different purposes.
- The vessels that God uses must be available.
- The vessels that God uses must be clean.
Acts of the flesh - Sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. These make a vessel of dishonor.
Fruit of the Spirit - Love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. These make a vessel of honor.
If you live by the Spirit you will be a vessel of honor.